Thursday, August 30, 2012

New site+blog

Welcome to my new blog! ...where I will attempt to post at least once a week about physics/tech-related stuff.

I don't have any particularly exciting news at the moment, what with Columbia move-in starting in two days. However, I did spend the last two days learning enough node.jsexpress, and jade to get my site up and running via Heroku. It took a fair amount of tinkering, given that many of the tutorials floating around the interwebs are a little dated (especially considering how new/dynamic these libraries are at the moment).

I guess that means my first post can be about how to get started with these technologies. So expect a post sometime this weekend - I'll have time to write on the 5-hour bus ride (though the crappy wifi might be a limiting reagent).

Oh, and for you Blair HS kids/alums: I'm giving a talk about the LHC and the Higgs search in the context of the July 4th announcement tomorrow in MathPhys. It'd be nice if you stopped by!
...anyway, time to finish up my slides.